The Department of Business Oversight (DBO) protects consumers and oversees financial service providers and products. The DBO supervises the operations of state-licensed financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and money transmitters. Additionally, the DBO licenses and regulates a variety of financial services providers, including securities brokers and dealers, investment advisers, payday lenders and other consumer finance lenders. The Department also regulates the offer and sale of securities, business franchises and certain types of commodities. For the complete list of licensees and industries regulated by the DBO, go to http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Licensees/default.asp.
- File a Complaint
- Quejas de el Consumidor
- Alerts and Advisories
- Search for Broker-Dealers, Mortgage Lenders, Payday Landers and Other Financial Service Licensees
- Enforcement Actions Against Financial Service Providers
- Enforcement Orders Against Financial Institutions
- Self-Help Portal – The DBO’s DOCQNET Self-Help Portal allows licensees to submit online applications, exemption notices, annual report information and more. For details, visit DBO’s self-help portal.
- DBO Order: Electronic Communications (Designated E-Mail) To register or update the designated email for your business, visit DBO’s Secure Designated Email Portal.
- Information on Central Locations for Service of Legal Process – In accordance with Code of Civil Procedure Section 684.115 (AB 2364)
Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC Third-Party Auditor
DBO Now Accepting Applications
- The California Department of Business Oversight (DBO) is accepting applications from firms or persons interested in serving as the independent, third-party auditor for Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC (Ocwen), pursuant to paragraphs 4 through 18 of the DBO’s Jan. 23, 2015 Consent Order. All application materials, including the Auditor Application Form, must be postmarked no later than Feb. 20, 2015.
- Full Announcement
- Monthly Bulletin Volume 02, Number 05 - 12/15/14
- Publications - Third Quarter - Financial Statistics -12/15/14
- Publications - Third Quarter - Quarterly Report -12/15/14
- Publications - Third Quarter - Financial Institutions Overview -12/15/14
- Consumer Advisories - Automobile Title Loan (2014) (PDF) - 12/12/14
More Press Releases »
Where Do I Find?...
DBO Call Center
- Toll-Free 1-866-275-2677 (English)